It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:17 pm

Welcome
Welcome to The Food Dish.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Fat Dog Stories
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:35 pm 

Okay, it's not art as would normally get posted, but I just wanted to draw attention to a friend of mine over on Fur Affinity who's done some stories on fat dogs. "A Night at the Country Fair" and "Evolution" (the so far written bits) are centred around fat dogs, while "Stranded: Where the Manna Falls" is centred around a lioness, but most of the supporting cast are fat dogs.

Edit: Recent update, if you want to post a review, feel free, he actually prefers open reviews.

Last edited by MattII on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Fat Dog Stories
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:47 am 

I love Shalion's stories. His descriptions of the dogs featured in them are sublime :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:00 am 

I also greatly enjoyed Shalion's latest story and can't wait for part II.

I am also hoping that someone in our community has some artistic talent and would kindly do some illustrations of these wonderfully obese canines, especially Topsy and Fat Gut.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:32 am 

Hello everyone. This is Shalion from FurAffinity, for those not in the know ;-). I've been away from the forum for a long while, but I just wanted to pop in here and say that I'm really happy to see all the fantastic photos that have been posted in my absence. I'd like to give a particular shout out to Moclad who seems to have done the brunt of the labor ;-)

Charlie is doing well. He is going to be 5 years old this year. He's put on a small amount of weight, but I'm not sure how visible it would be in photography, I've lost the camera I used to take the pictures before and only have my phone cam now. If there had been a big change, I would have posted pictures.

Moclad, I logged in today to see a message from you from about a year and a half ago XD. I don't know if it's still relevant, but for those pictures, I typed in the image link to get the pic to appear with the text. To get an image link, I had to first post the pictures to another website, I used Photobucket. There you can copy and past the image link it provides like a URL. Also thanks for the pics ^^

But what I really want to say is that if anyone here wanted to comment on anything I've written for either writing.com or Fur Affinity, I'm willing to answer any and all questions. I'll get the comments faster on Fur Affinity or by email, but I can check back here on this forum once and a while too.

-Ciao

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:19 am 

Shalion is now on SoFurry. I think you'll agree that this is a much better platform for displaying his talents. I'm including a direct link to his story Evolution and also one to his profile.

http://www.sofurry.com/view/500680

http://shalion.sofurry.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:52 am 

great stories

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:36 pm 

Since the Golden I met at vet's was almost a dead ringer for Shalion's description of Topsy in Evolution, I made a mock-up of him with his mentor, the Black Lab, set to the scale in the story.

I've also included my manipulation of the Black Lab with the source image and a mock-up of the Golden Lab from Stranded.

For reference, the woman is 5'7" (1.7m) tall, Topsy is 42" (107cm) at the withers, and the Black Lab is 28" (71cm) to allow for back fat.

Attachment:
Topsy and the Black Lab.jpg
Topsy and the Black Lab.jpg [ 80.91 KiB | Viewed 400 times ]
Attachment:
Black Lab.jpg
Black Lab.jpg [ 130.44 KiB | Viewed 400 times ]
Attachment:
Golden Lab.jpg
Golden Lab.jpg [ 70.95 KiB | Viewed 400 times ]